Sunday 16 August 2015

Warm-up

'Untitled'      6x6       oil on Gessobord
 
 
I went on my family trip to Alberta for 11 days and came back on this Wednesday. It was a dinosaur themed trip for my son so we camped in Drumheller around Royal Tyrrell Museum and visited fossil museums and stores near. And we even drove to Alberta Dinosaur Provincial Park while we were there. It was a great trip and we all loved it.
 
One thing that I wish I could do was plein air painting during the trip. The scenery of the flat land in Alberta. It was BEAUTIFUL !!  - the simple line of horizon, endless prairie with a few trees and the sky.........oh.... they looked so calm and peaceful. Unfortunately we had such a tight schedule so I didn't have chance to paint them even though I brought all of my painting gears.
 
Anyways, now I am back to my Daily Painting routine and painted glass bottles for warm-up exercise. Colored glasses are interesting when light hits on them and I love it !

No comments:

Post a Comment