Monday 16 March 2015

Cup Ramen

'Cup Ramen'         6x6 in    NFS    oil on Gessobord
 
 We call instant noodles in paper or hard plastic cups Cup Ramen in Korea where I am originally from. I am not sure if it is common term in North America but it is in most Asian countries. Probably the word used in Western countries for those instant noodles would be Cup O' Noodles which I thought more proper to this painting at first because of the O shape thingy on the left bottom.  My son thinks it is a mini doughnut but it's actually a wooden chopstick holder. :)
 
When you use chopsticks to eat a instant noodle and place them in the cup after you are done, the scene looks very similar to this. That's the reason I named this painting 'Cup Ramen'.
 
Oh, I almost forgot ! A few days a ago, I mentioned that I ordered RayMar's Smooth Portrait Cotton Canvas Panels. And they are arrived yesterday. I can't wait to try them. I will let you know how I like them soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment