Thursday 19 February 2015

Galas

Galas        6x6 in      NFS       oil on canvas board
 
Phew.................... I thought I wouldn't be able to finish this painting but I did it anyway.  When I was done drawing these apples, I was very happy with the set up. And then.......... when I started to color them, the frustration also started. I figured that Galas are not easy subject to paint. The color combination of green and red on their skin is very attractive to look at but because of that, it is hard to paint them. I was kind of lost to judge the value and confused. Oh well.........  I will do better next time. XD
 

2 comments:

  1. For me those really hard frustrating paintings lead to better ones in the future. It just doesn't feel like it when I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel ! Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I really like the philosophy behind it. If I keep doing it , this frustration will lead me to do better paintings in the future as you said. :)

    ReplyDelete